Friday, April 29, 2011

Just thoughts

As I mentioned earlier in my blog, Casey and I moved to Madisonville in the middle of last year. I took a new job and we left our life in Bryan to begin a new life in Madisonville. I was so very nervous at first. I didn't know where that would lead us but I told myself that God had presented us with so many opportunities that I knew he was speaking to us and telling us to make this move. WOW, what an incredible decision it has been. This town is amazing and the people we have met, friends we have made (new and old) are incredible. I was just visiting with one today about similar circumstances our sons have gone through and it was such a blessing to be able to talk to someone about my feelings through all of this. We spoke of how God puts people in your life for a reason, and man how that rings true. It is so good to be able to express your feelings to someone who knows what you have been through, or similar. Don't get me wrong, I am so completely happy and I couldn't have asked for a better outcome, as I have said before. But, yes, there are days I cry and there are days I still worry. My little boy went through such a tramatic experience and it could have gone so differently. He will always have to have MRI's and his mommy will probably always worry every time he has a headache. I don't want him to have to go through those MRI's and I don't want to be a hovering mom. Someone told me Easter weekend that I was hovering and although he didn't mean to make me feel bad, it did. How do you not hover when earlier in the day, Ty took a tumble down a step and landed where??? Right on his head!! He was fine, of course, but at that moment, fear came over me. Even though it doesn't seem like it though, it  has only been a month and still very fresh in my head. I know that in time, I will learn to let him be a boy. God will take care of him as he did on March 18th. There is an organization called the PLGA foundation. It helps research and fund pilocytic low grade astercytomas. It is one of the leasts researched tumors because it is considered low grade and benign. When I read some of the kids stories on here, I know how much God took care of him. We are so truly truly blessed. I can't say it enough and I won't stop saying it. I feel it every day. I look at life so differently now and I know just how very short it is. I know this blog was kind of all over the place, but I guess talking to my friend today kind of made me do some thinking :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment