Thursday, April 21, 2011

Funny Conversations

I think that Ty's age has to be one of, if not the, funnest age there is. The things he says every day make me laugh so hard and also amaze me. Some of the things, of course, not so nice, HA HA! I have been trying to bring up God or Jesus in our conversations more and more, and I laugh as I listen to how he tries to get it, but how confused he is. Our first conversation was a few weeks ago when I asked him if he knew who watched over him at night in his bed and he said, so positively, yes...Buzz Lightyear! HA HA HA.. I couldn't help but laugh and had to agree, but then explained that I was talking about Jesus. Yesterday, I was trying to teach him the meaning of Easter during 2 different conversations. The first one, I explained that we celebrate Christmas because Christ was born and we celebrate Easter because Jesus died and rose again (which I laugh at myself while I do this, because I know he doesn't get it) I just try to be repetitive. I told him how wonderful Jesus is and that he healed Ty's head and he said... No, I went to Dr and Dr made my head better :-) How do you compete with a 2 yr old who is smart enough to know what is going on? I tried to explain that Jesus was there with the doctors, but then decided he may be a little young to get it, to say the least. However, I did try one more time last night and was informed that Easter means a bunny hop hop hop! Oh how I love these funny conversations!  I am so very excited about this weekend though. Easter is such a wonderful holiday and for my family it is a very big holiday with a very big gathering. I can't wait to parade my healed 2 year old in front of my family and let them get that feeling of amazement that I have every day.I also look forward to spending our first Easter in our new church here in Madisonville that we love. What a great weekend we have planned and it is almost here. Spring is absolutely the best time of year, so I hope to have many many posts of all the fun things we will be doing. In 2 weeks, we will be taking Ty to his first circus! We are doing our part to live life to the absolute fullest! Happy Easter everyone and may God Bless you during your travels !

No comments:

Post a Comment