Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

Happy Easter to everyone! I hope you had as wonderful of a holiday as I did. Easter is always so big for my family, as it should be. I look forward to it every year and I especially looked forward to it this year. Ty is older now and seems to be quite good at hunting Easter eggs!! Hee hee! I think he had a great weekend though, seriously. On Friday, my parents came to stay with us and we took Ty to a small carnival that was here in town, his first carnival actually. He had a great time, but would NOT try the cotton candy, which apalls me!! How can you not want to try cotton candy??? He rode a few rides, which made me realize how big he is getting. Saturday morning we headed to my aunt's house in Grapeland and wow, what a blast he had. He rode his bike, played with water guns, played in the sprinklers and then got to Easter Egg Hunt. He fortunately got loads of candy. I am sarcastic when I say forunately! About 6:30 he was on an obvious sugar high making everyone laugh at him and then by 10, he completely crashed. Sunday was more of the same, but different family. We stayed home and went to church Sunday morning and then headed out to my inlaws house to eat, dye Easter eggs and have one more hunt. Again, he had a blast. He especially enjoyed dying the Easter eggs, which I was nervous about, but he did great. He asked me about Easter egg hunting yesterday, so I think he thinks it will be a regular occurance. In 2 weeks, we will be taking him to the circus, which I think he will really enjoy. As I mentioned earlier, I think this age is so much fun. You can really start to see how much they are growing up and watch them enjoy themselves in certain situations, if not ALL situations.  On a medical note, Ty has gained 2 and a half  lbs since his last Doctor's appointment, which is outstanding! Here is another story for you that I may not have mentioned. Ty's doctor has been concerned about his weight since he was born. Although, he grows and does NOT in any way look like a "Failure to thrive" baby, the Dr. thought he should be gaining weight more frequently. Last year he ran several test and that is when we discovered the milk allergy, unfortunately we had already gotten adnoids out, which might have been prevented had we discovered sooner. About 6 months went by and Ty gained maybe 1 pound by October. When he went to the Dr this final time, he was still concerned about his weight because he was not gaining. Along with the MRI and the allergist, he wanted him to see a Gastro to to see if the had Reflux... WOW, lots to take in that day. Anyway, once the tumor was discovered, I spoke to my pedi and he said we would hold off with the gastro because the tumor may have been the cause of everything. Well, seems like it was because Ty is at his heaviest and eats NONSTOP!! Praise God. He picked at his dinner often and did not eat much breakfast for me, come to think of it, he didn't snack near as much either. I think he just overall felt bad. My poor baby!  Well, I think that is all for today. Don't be surprised it my next blog is about the financial aspect of all of this because insurance seems to be the new focus, yippy! Although, this is by far the BEST money I have ever spent, you can't put a price on it, so I really find it difficult to complain to much about the medical costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment