Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Frustration

Well, today is not a very great day for me. I am somewhat frustrated, and I know I shouldn't.  This morning started off great, Ty was in an outstanding mood. Then right when we were leaving, he grabbed the back of his head and said, hold me mommy. When I grabbed him, I said does your head hurt and he said no, it's all better. Then he told me one other time it hurt but then it was better. He didn't act like he was in pain at all, but I felt the need to call the doctor and let them know. My heart is telling me that it is probably just itching or healing and whatever he felt, hurt. He had a CT scan only 23 days ago and everything looked great, so I know there is nothing there. I hate that he is only 2 1/2 and has to go through this because everything is a guessing game. He can't tell me whatever it is that he felt this morning.. He doesn't know the difference between itching, hurting, burning, etc. All he knows is something bothered him, however it may be. I try not to worry, but how am I suppose to not worry. His recovery was amazing, we couldn't have asked for more. Because of this, I get nervous that sometimes he over does it, but how do you slow a 2 yr old down? Again, I wonder how we got here, but I can't ask that, I just have to have faith that it is over and although there will be struggles from time to time, we will get through it. We have gotten through the hardest part and God got us through it. Tomorrow is a new day and should be a better day. I have to remember that although the doctors say he should have any more pain, he is only 2. Unless you have had one removed yourself, there is no way to know what he is feeling inside when his head is healing. It very well may hurt sometimes, and I need to know that is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment