Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Feeling better

Well, I am feeling better now. I talked to the nurse today for Ty's neuro and she assured me that his pain seemed to be part of the healing process, scar tissure, nerves, etc  or just itching in general. He has done so well that I have to remind myself that he had BRAIN surgery and he may very well have pain from time to time. I can't worry every time. I have definitely been reminded today, however. Once I got off the phone with the nurse, she reminded me of appts that had to be scheduled. On June 21st he will go back for his first follow up MRI, followed by and appt with the Neurologist (Dr. Dauser) followed by a "Protocol" appt with Oncology. This is just standard of brain tumors. He needed to have it done already, but they couldn't get it scheduled and since the tumor was benign, the oncologist agreed to reschedule. When talking to the nurse we also discovered that he was suppose to see an opthamologist and he never did, so hince, another appt we need to schedule, possibly. Oh, my poor little man. Although I am glad for the recurrent checks, I hate that he has to go through the MRI procedures again. I wish I could make it easier on him or switch places with him.. Anyway, my stressful day is almost over and then I can go kiss my sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment