Friday, April 22, 2011

Backtracking to before surgery...

I decided in reading my blogs, that unless you know me well, you probably don't know how we got to the point of an MRI, so I thought I would share the story. That way maybe one day, our story may benefit someone else. One day in January, Ty got put in time out. He was not in there long screaming when he came out telling me that he bumped his head, which I didn't witness but didn't think he did. He sat in my lap and begged me to rub his head for at least 30 minutes, which I thought was strange. Me, being the worrier that I am, decided that he had a headache and suggested it to Casey. At the time, I do realize this was somewhat irriational, but I believe now, it was the truth. People would laugh and start asking him if he had a headache, so soon after he started complaining of a headache. There are two things to point out though, he NEVER did it at daycare and did it mainly around his mommy. He also did it quite frequently when throwing a fit. I decided to take him to the doctor and let him check it out. During the appt, he asked for a sucker and when he was told no, he threw a huge fit and grabbed his head screaming. The doctor witnessed this. I, again being the worrier that I am, asked him with scared eyes about a tumor, which he said, 98% no; there just weren't enough signs, but we will keep watching. He suspected, as did others, that he was doing this for sympathy. This continued for 3 months and I was constantly told not to worry, he was somewhat playing me. I still saw things that others did not see, like him grabbing his head while he was playing and saying "ouch"! It started to progress around the time he got some ear infections, so at that time, it was shrugged off again. Finally, in March, he grabbed it and cried at daycare. I rushed him back to doctor, however, this time the ENT. The ENT suggested it was his molars and sent us on our way. Within a week or so, Ty began to feel sick. His mood changed, he threw up, and became very tired. Several tests were run, including allergy (thank goodness that I have a great doctor ) Last yr Ty was diagnosed with a "Mild" milk allergy, however, the allergist said that it was severe and he had chronic sinitus because he has still had some milk products. That day, we actually had some peace thinking maybe we had found the problem. 2 days later, however, he went to his MRI that was already scheduled and that is when our world changed. I write this because I want every mother to know that you're instinct is REAL! If you feel that your baby is sick or not himself, then don't ever be afraid to check it out, the best that could happen is that you would be wrong and he would be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment