Monday, March 28, 2011

Finally Home

It has been a while since I posted. Once my little fire engine got his drain out, he has been non stop since and I have been on full alert. He skipped all the steps of PT and OT and walked his way to the end in 4 days. Now, I can't slow him down! Saturday we finally headed home. I was nervous at first, which is silly. I should have been excited but I just worried about the what ifs once we got home. However, once we walked in the door and he immediately started playing as if we never left, my worries disappeared into peace.  For 3 months, my head has been full of worry and fear. I have watched him grab his head and wince, or cry for no reason. I have seen him throw up or go from having energy to laying on the couch in the middle of the day and telling me he is sick. Listening to others tell me it was no big deal, I had to try to convince myself every day there was nothing wrong, but my gut told me otherwise. As I sit here now on Monday, I have watched him play nonstop and turn back into the happy little boy I know, I feel at complete peace, a peace I have not felt in a long time.  I hope that this will be a distant memory, one that we think of only occasionally (during MRI's only maybe). Although I know that it will be a while, I do know that day will come and I can't wait for it. I feel that I need to end every blog entry with a big thank you to our precious Lord and Savior for healing my Ty and showing my family how precious and short life really is. We cannot spend moments worrying about the what ifs, we have to live EVERY moment to the fullest and every day we should thank GOD for the precious gifts that he has given us. I know that is my plan now.  Thanks to everyone for the prayers and the good wishes, the gifts, the notes and cards, the phone calls, the sweet gestures, and everything else. I am truly blessed with the greatest friends and family.  We are kind of at a stand still now with Ty's healing. I may not have the time to post daily, but I will post with updates when the are available and I will continue to post stories that  amaze me about my wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment