Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 3 post brain surgery

Well, this weekend was a wonderful weekend, considering. I had to remind myself occasionally that Ty had brain surgery. He played and laughed and did so well (all in bed of course) 6:00 am arrived Monday morning and the crazy day started. First we had the residents in, followed by oncology (just to tell us still no pathology results) followed by occupational therapy, internal medicine and then Physical therapy. I think I was so spoiled by the doctors telling me how great Ty was doing, I expected him to breeze right through OT and PT, but that was not necessarily the case. OT got him out of the bed. He moved his arms and legs, but cried the whole time... not necessarily from pain, but from fear. As a mother, I don't know which is worse. They got him, rather forced him, to walk to his daddy, which was about 5 steps while they held his hand... this was very hard to watch. My 2 1/2 yr old who was just running at his nana and papa's house is now holding someone's hand to take 5 steps. Again, I feel that this is due to fear and not can't do. The PT results were basically the same, although, this time, the 4 steps were by himself. After they left, he was allowed to sit in my lap and play, which was a nice change. However, after sitting in my lap, it took a long time to get him to go back in his bed to lay on his own.  We were told that we could work with him on our own at night for 30 minutes at a time, so I definitely think with just mommy and daddy there, he will be more apt to do what he is capable of doing. As I sit here writing this, I weep a little, wondering how all of this has happened, but then I remember how absolutely perfect GOD is and that if my only struggle is to get him to walk and play like a toddler again, then I am truly blessed.  We have been surrounded by friends, family, a fabulous medical team, and our almighty GOD and they have not left our side. Although, I feel I should be stronger at times, I could not have been so strong without any of these people. I think my posts will continually show progress and I can't wait until this blog turns into a personal blog about Casey, Ty and I and our lives and that is it. Granted, we will have our occasional MRI's and mommy's all the time worry, but we won't always have this struggle, that I believe.  I know that "With God, All Things Are Possible" and I have the greatest example laying in the bed sleeping..

No comments:

Post a Comment