Thursday, July 28, 2011

When can my almost 3 yr old just be a 3 yr old

Well, I got the phone call today, the first one since Ty's surgery. Ms Connie called to tell me Ty had thrown up and had it coming out of the other end of course. When I picked up the phone and Connie was telling me he was sick, my heart immediately begin to flutter.. all I could here was he was sick and he threw up. It was like I heard nothing else. He said his tummy hurt and nothing else, so bless his soul for being able to finally tell me now. He is at his Nana's house and has been happy all day. For most mother's this is all they need to know to not worry about their child. But, I am not like most mother's.. I sit here and I worry, I remember when he was sick and pray that there is nothing else going on. Now, I ask you, why do I do this? I really just want Ty to be a normal 3 yr old, but yet I am the only one not treating him like one. I am the one irrationally jumping to conclusions when my child most likely had a very mild stomach bug that I am pretty sure my husband had nights before. I truly believe that God has given us our trial and that he has put Ty on this earth for a reason. I believe that once we get over this next hump, we will move forward and life will be perfect for us. Whether it will be or not, in my eyes it will be ... Just as I tell myself these things , and I find myself worrying less, the old me pops back in and my worry takes over. So, each time this happens, I plan on blogging and telling you about it. This will serve as a reminder to knock myself  back down to reality. To remember what the good Lord did for my Ty and remember that at no point did worrying make any difference in anything that happened with Ty.

No comments:

Post a Comment