Friday, September 16, 2011

Peaceful Family

Hello all,
 As you can tell, my blogs are getting few and far between. Mainly because life is doing just what I had hoped, settling down.... Ty is turning in to a little boy more and more every day. I can't believe in less than a month, he will be 3. Every morning he makes me leave him alone as he picks out his clothes and dresses himself. I usually have to negoiate to get him to change shorts or shirts to match.. hee hee. We started off the week sad though. Our dog that we have had for 6 years (Casey's and my first child, hee hee) Truman was killed by a car; he was a miniatrue schnauzer. Ty wanted to go outside and play, so we came out the back and Truman ran out of the gate. Since he minds well and stays in the yard, I left him out. Ty and I were sitting in the driveway and Casey was working in the yard when Truman ran across the street to check something out. Casey looked up and called him back home before he saw the car coming. Being the obedient dog that he was, he came immediately and ran right in front of the car. As I scream in the yard with tears pouring out of my eyes, I look back to see Ty and he had big tears coming out of his eyes. He knew exactly what had happened. It broke my heart. He asked all night where Truman was and my other poor dog moped around the house. It was very difficult to explain to a 3 yr old what had happened, so we did what any irrational parent would do and bought him a new puppy, GG, a 9 week old chocolate lab and my sweet boys new best friend. He adores her and he is helping with her around the house; scolding her when she does wrong and letting her out. It is very cute. Our dog Dexter is still not sure what to think, but he will come around. On a totally different subject, we have started to give Ty milk again and he has done fabulous! I never thought I would be so excited to be able to give my child milk, but the thought of expanding his meals and our meals, is so wonderful!! Last night when we got home, Ty and I let GG out and he wanted to follow her. As soon as we got outside, he started playing, so I decided to let him play for a while. There was a cool brisk in the air finally. As I sat there and watched him run around chasing GG and Dexter, dig in the dirt, and try to climb the fence, I had an overwhelming since of peace come over me. We spent last year overcoming so many challenges, with him alone, and for once, I finally felt like everything was going to be okay. This is our year and it's going to be fabulous. God is great and I thank him everyday for the opportunity to serve as a wife to Casey and a mother to Ty. This is it! This is our year, praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment