Monday, September 26, 2011

October is around the corner

Well, I don't blog much anymore or at least I haven't in awhile. Ty is doing so wonderful and healthy, but that alone should be the reason I blog more frequently. He keeps me very busy. If I had a dime for every time someone passed us in public and said "wow you have a busy son" I would be rich... HEE HEE!!  His activity level is such a blessing though. It just proves what a true miracle he is. He turns 3 on the 9th and I just can't believe it. What a year we have had.. he definitely is the bravest 3 year old I know. 2 days after his birthday we head to Texas Children's for our first follow up MRI since brain surgery number 2. I am very anxious. Although I hate seeing him get sedated and hate that he has to be scared, I have complete faith that the doctors report will be positive and that I can start to slowly put this behind me. I want his 3rd year of life to be the best year ever. He deserves it so very much. People say he won't remember and I pray that he won't. I wish that I couldn't but then again what a blessing it is to experience one of God's miracles first hand. That's how I have to look at this now. We are studying Revelation right now in our Wednesday night bible study, and last week we spoke of letting go; letting go of that thing that has a hold of us. It truly touched my heart and I left that night deciding that I needed to move forward and begin to put this behind me. I realized that it keeps me from enjoying the true blessings in life because I spend every minute worrying about him when I should spend every minute rejoicing and thanking God that he healed my precious child.

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength"
Phillippians 4:13

1 comment: