Thursday, June 16, 2011

As days go by...

Well, it has been 3 months today since that horrible day; the day that a mother's worse fears are brought to light. I have been thinking about it alot lately. I think it is because Ty will go next Tuesday for his round of followup appointments; MRI, Neuro and an appt with the Oncologist, which just has me all wigged out. It is just protocol and I know he is healthy and doing perfect, but there are still days that I can't believe what he went through and days that I can't believe we have to go for these follow up appointments. I do, however, have a different feeling than I did the morning of the 16th, which was his first MRI. That morning I was full of fear, but had a glimmer of hope. I knew, however, that my baby was sick, so it was mainly fear. Going in to Tuesday, although I always worry with anesthesia, I am going in to those appts with faith and as a very proud mommy. I have faith that the hard part is over, that the doctors will say he is doing just as great as I know he is doing and that before we know it, these appts will be annual. I have found myself saying all to frequently that "I wish I could forget" but last night Casey and I were talking about it and I decided, since I know I will never forget, I never want to forget. Remembering just reminds me of what a miracle our Ty is and how mighty and powerful our God is. We serve such a big God! Sometimes we go about our day and we don't put him first every day, but I want to put him first, because HE is who healed my baby boy and HE can do anything that we ask him to do. With him on my side, I have no reason to fear.  There is a scripture on my computer that I was emailed after my miscarriage and I read it every day. Psalm 32:7, "For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory"

No comments:

Post a Comment